Insert a Trite Metaphor for a Corral #89
As all wars do, the no-fly zone being implemented over Libya has me saddened. Long time readers of this blog know my pacifist leanings. But there are some conflicts that I give more energy to opposing than others. Such was the case with Afghanistan in the beginning. Such is the case with Libya now because in my estimation, it amounts to a just war where only military objectives are targeted. Still, I wish Gaddafi would just step down and give his country a rest. This may cause him to retreat into obstinacy and that may prove bad for Libya. But I don’t know.
- What if we’re not broke? — And the Big Duh of the week goes to the Washington Post — didn’t they think about this while they watched us cut millionaire and billionaire taxes in the middle of a stock market surge?
- What Caused Inequality to Grow? — Two words: Ronald Reagan. Also here.
- Why isn’t the I-Phone Made in America? is another article on a tangential theme from those immediately above. See this, too.
- A Small-Minded Town — If the New Federalism that Ronald Reagan promised doesn’t deliver, traffic tickets become a way for local governments to make their living
- Japan Earthquake Swarm Google Earth Animation
- Weighing the Consequences of Nuclear Power — The nuclear power industry spin has been dizzying. This article guides you to a broader perspective.
- The End of the Nuclear ‘Renaissance’? — I am really ~on the line~ when it comes to nuclear power. The collection of quotes in this article, however, made me laugh.
- Japanese Should Be Drinking To Stave Off Radiation Poisoning — Damn I would be in a fix if San Onofre went up — couldn’t they synthesize the single ingredient in red wine as a pill?
- The myth of the panicking disaster victim — Now the panicking news reporter is a fact.
- Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media — Just shout it through a bullhorn over and over again
- Study: Majority of Consumers Obtain News From Online Sources — ‘Cause we can’t stand being bombarded by television news is the reason why, I think.
- Gay families more accepted than single moms — A sad state of affairs. Single parents should be treated as well as any two-parent family head. But the deadbeat dad lobby is powerful and its voice immense.
- The Self-Reported Moral Behavior of Ethics Professors — Unfortunately, it is the C students who grow rich and become Tea Party candidates
- 100 Years of Set Locations — What was filmed in your neighborhood?
- One-in-five Brits believe lightsabers are real — Not so long ago, in a universe called Birmingham….
- We’ve built a flying saucer, boasts Iran (even if it does look like it belongs in a 1950s B-movie) — This one just barely edges out Karl Rove’s anti-union commercials for the most bogus news story of the week.
- Daylight Saving Can Be Hazardous to Your Health — I’ve suspected that the sleep deprivation harms me in a number of ways, mostly having to do with my bipolar disorder.
- Mental Illness is Only a Problem When Mental Illness is a Problem
- Surrounded by Bipolar Disorder — Reality should sink in after you read this.
Picture: a trilobite orgy from ScienceDaily
You can find me on Twitter and Dailybooth as “EmperorNorton”. Ask nicely and I might invite you to follow me on Facebook.