Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt
Almost as soon as the story about bin Laden’s death came out, people began putting up notices on Facebook that said “Obama didn’t kill [[Osama bin Laden]], a soldier did.” This was countered by many of us who posted “If Obama doesn’t get credit for killing Osama because he didn’t pull the trigger, does that mean that bin Laden gets a pass because he didn’t fly the planes?” The Deathers rose fast and crashed hard when their allegations that bin Laden wasn’t really dead were destroyed by [[Al Qaeda]]’s announcement that it would seek revenge for the death of their leader. One commenter gasped “Oh no! The conspiracy is so vast that even Al Qaeda is in on it!”
- The Ability to Kill Osama Bin Laden Does Not Make America Great — There’s a lot that needs fixing after this past decade
- Top Ten Myths about Bin Laden’s Death — No, George W. Bush had nothing to do with finding him. Nor was the information procured through torture. Also check out these pages from the Al Qaeda terror manual that OBL didn’t follow.
- Obama Visits Ground Zero: Why Republicans Can No Longer Politicize the Site — It belongs to all Americans at last. Also see Krugman on the Republicans’ behavior in the wake of this coup for Obama.
- The Psychology of Revenge: Why We Should Stop Celebrating Osama Bin Laden’s Death — A brave article that weighs the costs of getting too happy about having killed the architect of 9/11.
- 13 Conservative Myths About Taxes — Debunked — Nope, tax cuts for the rich aren’t good for the economy. But I think most of my readers know this.
- Jews and Muslims unite against anti-sharia law — These same laws would prevent Jews from observing their laws
- The Shame of John Paul II: How the Sex Abuse Scandal Stained His Papacy
- Experience: I was deported — Ripped from his home to live in a foreign country.
- Geologists solve mystery of the Colorado Plateau — The river didn’t cut down….the plateau rose up
- Flexible future: Forget the iPhone, here’s the smartphone made out of ‘paper’ that will shape with your pocket — Somehow, I can’t imagine myself talking into the thing, but they say it is the future.
- 10 Completely Unrealistic Television Relationships — Lynn’s “favorite” — Luke and Laura — made this list. Why did people think they were so hot together? He was a jerk.
- Graffiti washrooms by Decktwo — The stuff we see on railway cars out here brought to your local toilet
- 20 Things You Must Stop Doing Online — Yeah, most of these things annoy me, too.
- Scientists Afflict Computers With ‘Schizophrenia’ to Better Understand the Human Brain — I wonder what a bipolar computer simulation would look like. Also see this article.
- Disability Rights Activists Are Even Invisible Getting Arrested on Capitol Hill — This spits on George H.W. Bush’s legacy of compassion for us.
Silverado Canyon from the Motorway